A proper skin care routine, including a nutritious diet, sun protection, gentle cleansing, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, can keep your skin glowing and younger. Healthy lifestyle choices are essential not only to help prevent various skin problems, but also to delay natural aging.
Read on to find some easy and effective ways to treat your skin.
Eat A Healthy Diet
Eating a nutrient-dense diet is very important when it comes to healthy and glowing skin. A diet full of macronutrients (carbs, protein, fats) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants) can help you look and feel your best. The richest sources of these nutrients include fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains. You should also drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
There is a strong association between diet and healthy skin. Many studies and clinical trials suggest that a diet low in refined carbohydrates and unhealthy fats and rich in omega-3 fatty acids might promote youthful looking skin.
Protecting skin from the harmful rays of sunlight is one of the most important ways to maintain the health of your skin. Prolonged exposure to the sun is associated with wrinkles, age spots, acne, and other skin problems. Alpha rays in sunlight also increase the risk of skin cancer.
Here’s what you can do to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Cover your skin with protective clothing such as wide-brimmed hats, long pants, and tightly woven long-sleeved shirts. You can also wear specially designed sun-protective clothing for an additional layer of ultraviolet protection.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF-15 sunscreen for most complete sun protection.
Treat Your Skin Gently
Shaving and daily cleansing can take a toll on your skin. You should aim to keep your skin care routine gentle. Some effective ways include;
- Long showers or baths, especially with hot water, strip oil from your skin. A certain amount of oil is necessary for proper hydration and moisturizing of your skin. Use warm – rather than hot water and limit your bath or shower time to retain moisturization.
- Hyaluronic Acid is an excellent ingredient to lock moisture and increase the collagen in your skin. Order our natural hyaluronic serum from Amazon.
- Soaps and detergents with harsh ingredients can remove oil and water from your skin. Choose mild cleansers or prefer face wash over strong soaps.
- Gently blot or pat your skin dry after bathing or washing. It helps retain moisture in your skin.
- Apply a moisturiser every time you wash your face. Choose a moisturiser that contains SPF and vitamin C syrup. Vitamin C is known to boost collagen production and help tighten the skin. You can buy our organic vitamin C syrup from Amazon.
Stress is a big contributory factor for a number of diseases, including skin conditions. Uncontrolled stress may trigger acne breakouts as well as make your skin more highly sensitive to sun damage.
You should take steps to manage your stress such as getting sound sleep of at least 7-8 hours, make time to things you enjoy, and set reasonable limits. Managing stress might bring more dramatic results than you expect.